Closer to 20%.
I still don’t understand why the gvt thinks it’s their duty to lower unemployment. I know it’s a mask to steal from the coffers, but why do we continue to look to the state to give us jobs?
We should call our local reps and tell them each to start their own businesses. Most will fail of course. But the ones that do succeed will create real jobs. Of course, what politician would do such hard work?
"Eventually I want to allow 3rd party providers to plug-in to my system as well, so Judge.me becomes the platform for polycentric law."
Judge.me is a small claims court for the internet. We offer fast and convenient online arbitration that is legally binding in 146 countries at just $299 total fixed price ($149.50 per party).
All around the world, people struggle with expensive legal fees and backlogged courts. Judges are sometimes biased or corrupt. Political agendas tilt the scales of justice. In many places in the developing world, courts are used almost exclusively by elites.
The monopoly on law is basically a claim by the government that they are best at managing negative externalities and as a result, the reputation of individuals in the legal system. As reputation becomes more important on the internet, and more advanced dispute resolution systems arise to track reputation online, this claim will become increasingly unsustainable.
Another catalyst for this change will be major governments going into bankruptcy and major currencies going into hyperinflation or extreme currency controls. There will be a void for “government” services such as justice, social security and education.
wow, holy shit :)
- he’s the first black president, ever
- he supports gay marriage
- he likes glee
- he watched the Avengers
- he sings spontaneously
- he wants everyone to have health care
- he helped get rid of one of the world’s worst terrorists
- he’s trying his best to make more jobs so the unemployment rate will go down
- Michelle inspires kids to get off their butts and exercise
- plus she was on iCarly
what else can you ask for in a president?
- He’s assassinated American citizens
- He extended the Patriot Act
- He continues to kill innocent civilians with his drone strikes
- Fast and Furious
- Indefinite detention
- Hasn’t closed GITMO
Those are just a few of the many reasons he should not be re-elected. Many of your reasons are just terrible and should not be a basis for voting for a candidate.
- Actually, he’s 1/2 black, but nice try. Also, irrelevant.
- He has changed his position on gay marriage at least 3 times, and how cute that his newest revelation on the matter happened only months before the next election. I’M SURE HE GENUINELY MEANS IT THIS TIME.
- Glee is one of the worst shows on the planet. Also, irrelevant.
- The Avengers has made over a billion dollars worldwide. I’m sure the majority of people that have seen that movie are not fit to be president. Also, irrelevant.
- Do you even understand the implications of having a nation that provides Universal Healthcare? It might sound dandy when you water it down and take it only at face-value, but do some research, please.
- He wasn’t the sole one responsible for the murder of Osama Bin Laden. Also, in my humble opinion, Bin Laden should have been granted due process.
- If you think overregulation and government intervention results in more jobs, you are sadly mistaken.
- Yeah, Michelle is doing a great job getting us all out there and active! -__- No, it sounds good on paper, but kids (just like you) are still sitting for hours in front of the television and computers. ALSO, MICHELLE OBAMA ISN’T RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.
- So what if Michelle Obama was on iCarly. IRRELEVANT.
Do us all a favor and read up, ignoramous.
This book is great! So refreshing to read, inspiring and just puts everything going on today in perspective (well, the classical liberal perspective).
Zingales’s main point is that labor on the left and corporations on the right are both using government to destroy the benefits of a free market system in the US.
isn’t that what all government policy-making is? a series of hit-and-runs?
“Banks will have to drop rates by, say, 150 or 200 basis points to stimulate lending. Rate-setting technocrats cannot permit such a large reduction unless they also drive down deposit rates by a similar amount. Yet they cannot reduce deposit rates without triggering even more outflows of cash. If there are more significant outflows, there will be a financial crisis. And then it’s lights out China.”
Hey Krugman, lower interest rates and depositors flee. How does that get us out of the recession and create jobs and solve world hunger and …
The fact is, government is big, big player in the markets. So they can influence them to an extent. But eventually, people with real assets to protect will just leave and the market will discipline you and all your masters. Market rates are rising…